Thursday, February 26, 2015

Summer Traditions

These are some of Room 2's Summer Tradition writing pieces...

----------------------------------

I measure summer by the amount of fish I catch. A good summer is a long summer and a hot summer.
During summer I like to go on the boat with my Dad and Uncle and catch fish. Fishing for us involves getting the rod out, laying the hook in the water and driving the boat. A fish hits the line. I reel it up with all my might. My Uncle gets the net and catches it. I get the little bat and bang the fish on the head and throw it in the cool box.

----------------------------------
I measure my summer by being away from school and swimming in Lake Hawea. A good summer is a long summer, a warm summer, a rainy summer.
Every summer we go to Convergents its been our family tradition for five years now. Some late nights we have endless rounds of uno, some late nights people have parties and on one night it's the new years party. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy New Year!!!"  
   
----------------------------------

I measure summer by the hot sand in between my toes. A good summer is good surf; the bright white breakers bring me into shore. As my tummy growls, Nana finally yells ‘time for lunch’. I sprint up to the car, collapse on my towel and eat pikelets with nutella and strawberries. Now that's a summer I will remember

By Melia, Sam C, Finn PK and Grace

1 comment: